Saturday, January 15, 2011

Jinger's Card Making Contest

CARD MAKING CONTEST!
On January 20th, 2011, Provo Craft will be announcing a brand NEW exciting product on HSN! Anna Griffin will also be announcing a new product on that same day. We can’t tell you what it is yet, but would you like the opportunity to win both?! We knew you would! Everyone is elligible to play, but the Cricut Circle Members are getting a heads up on this contest a couple of days before anyone else. Here is what you need to do . . .

Create a card using atleast one Anna Griffin product (it can be anything!) and one or more of the following cartridges. You may use other cartridges on the card, but the majority of the design needs to represent one or more of the following cartridges:

•Don Juan Cartridge
•Winter Lace Seasonal Cartridge
•Wall Decor & More








I used Anna Griffin fabric for my inspiration for this project. I thought it was interesting and unique. Once I started to browse through the carts we could use, I found the perfect cuts all on Wall Decor And More, with the exception of the preloaded scalloped shape from the Imagine that I cut at 5 for both the fabric background on the front and paper background on the inside. The phrase "create" is cut at 4 inches, the key at 5 inches and the dress form at 5 inches. I sewed the background paper on with a t-shirt stitch and the fabric onto that with a straight stitch. I also haphazardly gathered and stitched the gold ribbon to tie into a bow, added a hat pin with golden colored beads, and some metal brads both to the scissors and the dress form to top off the embellishments.
To create the easel card:
Regular card size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
Vertical card
Start out with a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of cardstock and score at 5 1/2" and 8 1/4". Your card front piece will measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to share with you that my card was one of the lucky cards to be selected by Jinger and featured on the Cricut Facebook page! What excitement!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!