Sunday, May 3, 2015

Peony Nightlight ~ Cricut Giant Flowers


When my daughter said she loved peonies...I replied "No problem."  I knew there just HAD to be a 3-D peony in at least one of the Cricut cartridges.  Cricut did not disappoint me.  There are two options for a 3-D peony flower.  I selected the Giant Flowers version since it looked like I could close the buds a little more.  My daughter likes when they are just budding and look closer to a ball.  The suggested size was 10.3". I selected 8" figuring it would come out more like a life size peony.  Uhhhh...WRONG!  These flowers are HUGE!  It assembled fairly quickly and easily and looked like we wanted it to, just GIANT.  Then we had a light bulb moment, literally.  The middle of the flower creates the perfect home for a mini battery operated tea light.  Voila, the perfect pretty night light to add to a table top.






Inspiration photo:

My example was the prototype.  I can't wait to make another one in a soft pink color or with Anna Griffin cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!