Thursday, July 29, 2010

Goodmorning! This is my Cricut Daily Challenge Entry.


Today's Cricut Circle daily challenge is shapes - circles. I created this card using SU cardstock, designer series paper, ink, ribbon border punch and sentiment. I used the Accent Essentials cart for the shapes. I picked a scalloped circle and cut as is. Then I took the same shape and used hide contour to hide the inner circle. I then copied the scalloped circle and decreased the size each time with alternating cardstock and DS paper. I sprayed the scalloped circles with water, scrunched them up tight, let them slightly dry, then opened them back up. I put a SU hodgepodge brad in the middle and added it to the card to finish drying. By wetting the circles, it allows them to dry curled up and retain their shape better. I selected a leaf, cut the shape out twice, bone folded it in the middle, then ran it at an angle through a crimper and finished it off by inking the lines. Thanks Mom, for the inspiration!

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!