Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ball & Chain

For this month's Cricut Circle's Magazine Challenge, we were given a sketch to follow.  This is my interpretation of the sketch, a ball and chain:



And here is the sketch:


The ball is the ice cream cut from Sweet Tooth boxes cut at 11.5" and represents the circle in the sketch.  The chain is cut by hand from the left over grey from the 12x12 cardstock I used.  The rectangle pieces are 3.8" x 1.0" qty = 18.  I also cut 18 patterned rectangles at 3.8" x .5".  The smaller rectangles are adhered to the larger rectangles to represent the layered band in the sketch.  After creating my chain, I connected it to the ball and added the hand cut cuff to the chain, again using the leftover grey cardstock cut at 8.25" x 1.5".  I trimmed the edges in to connect it to the chain.  Next, I cut the lock to represent the heart in the sketch and the key to represent the rectangle.  I pop dotted the heart pieces for dimension and inked the edges.  Last, I cut the sentiment from Tie the Knot and added it to the cuff.  The smaller heart is the leftover heart from the key image. 

I created this treat box to hold a gift card or small present for the newly wed couple. 

Gypsy File:

http://www.box.net/shared/p6h61ykejzgvas7jgrdv

6 comments:

  1. You've got to be kidding me!! Where do you come up with this stuff--this is adorable!! What a cute gift to give a young couple at a couple's shower or something! Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious...would be great on the top of a big old sheet cake too...such a clever idea. You are such fun to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Renee, you're boxes are always amazing. Love this one. It is perfect for a newlywed couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO!!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Renee,
    This project is fabulous!!! You are so very talented.
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!