- Cricut cartridges Going Places and Fabulous Finds
- My Pink Stamper School Days stamp set
- Hardcover book
- Picture frame
- Stampin' Up! Cardstock in Night of Navy and Not Quite Navy
- DCWV The Travel Stack
- Stampin' Up! Pewter hodgepodge hardware
- Stampin' Up! Not Quite Navy classic ink
- My Mind's Eye title cards
- Compass embellishment from my stash
- Stampin' Up! Night of Navy 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon
|Start with a nice thick hardcover book. Ensure it's not a classic! ;)|
|Create a mixture of white school glue and water. The ratio I used was about 60/40, with the larger portion being the glue. You won't use too much, so don't mix a lot.|
|Hollow out the book. This is the tutorial I used:|
|I decided to add a picture frame to the front to make the gift even more useful.|
|And this is the completed project. The globe was cut from the Cricut cartridge Going Places and the bookplate from Fabulous Finds.|
|The book cover itself was my color/them inspiration. I thought it already had a nice masculine base, so I chose not to cover it up.|
|I also chose to just wrap the book in matching ribbon rather then cover the spine with paper.|
|The sentiment "World's Best Teacher!" was perfect for my theme!|
|And here it is opened. You could choose to fill it up with things like paper clips, erasers, checking pens, etc. Or, even add a gift card to the inside.|
By the way, CustomCrops.com is having an AWESOME sale on Robyn's stamps! Some as low as $7.30!!! Click HERE!
I am also entering this book into the latest Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge since the hollowed out book would look perfect as the centerpeice on a coffee table on top of a stack of coffe table books!
The Challenge: Create a centerpiece using your Cricut machines.