Thursday, April 25, 2013

Anna Griffin Climbing Rose Cuttlebug Folder

Have you caught the latest wave in Cuttlebug folders?  It's a series of folders created by Anna Griffin.  HSN is selling an exclusive Anna Griffin gold and cream Cuttlebug.  With the Cuttlebug, you also receive a set of Anna Griffin new Cuttlebug folders to go along with it. In addition, you can order auto ship that automatically send you  3 more future shipments of Anna Griffin Cuttlebug folders.  How awesome is that!  Well, I received one of the new folders this past weekend at Circle Mania II and just had to create with it as soon as I could.  Here is what I came up with.


Materials Used:
  • Cricut Cartridge Preserves
  • Anna Griffin Cuttlebug folder Climbing Rose
  • Anna Griffin All Occasion Card Making Kit
  • Anna Griffin Carmen Collection cardstock
  • Liquid Pearls in Buttercup
The card was super simple to make.  First, I selected matching cardstock papers.  I started with the yellow from the Carmen collection and was inspired to create a pineapple to go along with it. Next, I selected the Climbing Rose folder because it matched the pattern on the cardstock.  I embossed it before layering it onto my patterned green card base.  Next, I embossed the matching border onto a   1 1/2"  white cardstock strip and adhered it to the card.  I cut and assembled the pineapple from the Cricut cartridge Preserves and added it to my card, just layering the white border strip.  I selected two stickers from Anna's All Occasion Card Making kit and added those to the bottom of each side of the pineapple.  I stamped the sentiment "Welcome" and layered it onto a tag and onto to the card.  I used Liquid Pearls in buttercup to add some subtle bling to the flower middle and sentiment tag.  Super quick card with a lot of texture.  I can't wait to use my other Anna Griffin folders!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the folder! Your card is fabulous! Love all the colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Renee, pretty embossing and flowers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!