Saturday, February 8, 2014

2014 Valentine's Day Blog Hop

Welcome to our 2014 Valentine's Day Blog Hop!  I am kicking off the hop and am excited to share a variety of Valentine's Day projects with you created by me and my crafty Cricut Circle friends.  For my project, I used my newly acquired Cricut Artbooking cartridge and created the Valentine's Day mini included on this awesome cartridge.












Materials Used:
  • Cricut Artbooking art cartridge
  • Stampin' Up! Loves Me designer paper
  • Stampin' Up! Large Hearts Eyelets
  • Stampin' Up! grosgrain ribbon
  • Misc pink and white ribbon from my stash
  • Stampin' Up! Button Latte button
  • Stampin' Up! 1/2" white library clip
  • Inkssentials white enamel accents
  • Stampin' Up! Glossy Accents
  • Pearl hat pin
  • White Gelly Roll pen
This was the first time I used the cartridge Artbooking and was pleased at how fast and easy it was to create this mini album.  The pages and embellishments to the mini can all be found on page 48 and 49 of the booklet.  First, you simply select the size you would like your mini to be.  I chose to create the mini in the recommended relative size of 8".  Next, you cut all the pages for the mini.  Assemble the pages in the order you like and combine them together using ribbon or book rings.  Continue to cut the embellishments, still using the 8" relative size, and adhere to your pages in any manner/style you would like.  I added a few more embellishments to dress the mini up a bit more:

Heart eyelets to weave my ribbon through.
White enamel accents to highlight the heart on the envelope page.

Glossy accents on the heart flowers and on the "LOVE" lettering for added interest and durability.
The bread clip hanging from the ribbon bow.

And a pearl hat pin and ribbon bow.

That's it.  The total time to create it was about two hours.    I love the simplicity in the creation of the mini.  Everything is already sized for you and images grouped for a cohesive theme.  All  you have to do is cut and adhere. 
To thank you for visiting this hop, I will be giving away some blog candy.  Simply leave a comment and a way for me to reach you.  I will be choosing a winner on Tuesday morning, February 11. 
Your next stop on the hop is with HappyScrapper64.   Be sure to visit her and each stop along the way.  Happy Valentine's Day creating my crafty friends!
Here is the entire blog list in case you get lost along the way:

1. RockinRenee - I came, I saw, I created.  You are HERE
2. HappyScrapper64 - Random Thoughts of a Scrapbooker   Go here NEXT
3. gonescrappin - Col's Creative Corner 
4. Hrvatica  - Croatian Crafter
5. Scootingranny - Scootingranny's World
7. Greenie8705 - Gina Beana's Crafts
8. MariaJ - Stamp, Cut, Create!
9. Di&Co - Creating Is Like Breathing
10. Dragonfly50 - Designs by Dragonfly
11. TiffysMom - Angie's Paper Passion
12. *Violette* - Whimsical Treasures
13. cricutaddicted - ScrappingForMoreFun
14. LoriSjogren - The Singing Shell
15. Scrapalette - Around the Block with Scrapalette

30 comments:

  1. Cute mini album Renee!! I love all the shaped pages and that bread tag is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable mini...love the paper you used and all the accents and embellies are perfect! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini album turned out great! I love the Artbooking cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project! Thanks for all the instructions and details! Thank you for hosting the blog hop, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet looking album! Artbooking is a great cartridge - isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous project. Your special extra touches make it really stand out. Great instructions.

    Sorry my post didn't publish earlier but it's up now. Headed off to do the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful mini album! I really need to get that cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful mini album! I love all the attention to detail! Thanks for hosting the blog hop!

    Di&Co

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your mini and the fabulous pages you created! It "flows" so well from page to page!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, thank you for hosting this wonderful hop!
    I just snuck through real fast and everyone's projects are WONDERFUL! {now I'm going back for a closer look}
    Next, your mini is ADORABLE!
    Love the sweet colors and all that great detail.
    And finally, thank you for including me in your hop {my very first}
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly
    Dragonfly50 (MB)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Renee for hosting this hop! I know I'm going to see some cool stuff today! Your mini is fabulous and I'm always in awe of your ribbons and bows. The paper you used for this one is awesome and I love all the extra little details you added! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your mini, Renee! The background papers work together so well. What gorgeous colors! TFS Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful mini! Love the papers you used and all the detail you added. Thanks for hosting the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply, and only in YOUR delightful STYLE, "wonderous". And just a tiny SMILE: The easel you used sorta looks like FEET on your BOOK. Extra CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable mini. Great paper choices and details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Renee, thank you for hosting this hop! Your mini is fabulous! I picked up Artbooking just to make these books, but haven't cut a single page. Your post is inspiring me to get the cart out and use it! The papers you chose are perfectly complimented to each other. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful job Renee. I am so glad you started this hop- I have a few more places to go to. You did a fantastic job on your mini - great details. TFS - off to finish my hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great mini! I love the colors of the papers - absolutely perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Renee thanks for starting the blog hop, so much inspiration! Love your mini the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome project! Love your project and the papers you used!

    MB: caffinee

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the first Blog Hop I've looked at! Looks so fun! Love seeing the creative projects!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your mini -- and your choice of paper!! After seeing your wonderful mini, I am asking myself why I have never used my Artbooking cartridge!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a cute mini! I need to use this cartridge more often.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice Mini book Renee! I love the papers you used and that it only took a couple of hours to make. I need to get this cart!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely mini! I also love the paper and embellishments that you used to pull everything together. Now I can't wait to use my Artbooking cart!
    Thanks for hosting this great blog hop for us, Renee!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another absolutely stunning creation! Love everything you did on it! I need to set time to try to make one soon...
    Thanks for hosting the blog. I'm glad I force myself to use and create something for the blog hop! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!