Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's a Wrap Blog Hop!

Welcome to the It’s a Wrap Blog Hop hosted by Cool Beans By L.B. Do you like to receive gifts? How about give them? Well this hop is all about the outside…the wrapping; Gift bags, boxes, baskets and more. There are 22 wonderful stops on this hop and we hope you will take some time to stop in and see everything we have created for you.
You should have arrived here from scrappinmystressaway.  If you are just finding our hop in the middle you can go to the beginning at Cool Beans By L.B.

For my project I created a gift purse.  You can use it to hold a gift card, small trinket, or even a small treat.  In addition, you can embellish the inside to create a pop open mini-album!

1.  Start with 2 sheets of 2 sided 12x12 designer series paper, 2 coordinating 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of solid cardstock, coordinating ribbon and an embellishment (flowers, buttons, a stamped saying).

2.  Score one sheet of the dsp at 4" on each side.
3.  Score and fold all 4 sides at 4".
4.  Score and fold all 4 corners down the center.


5.  Score and fold two centers, only at two inside corners to outside center.
    

6.  Fold in the 12x12 paper.



7.  Cut cardstock 4" x 4 3/4".
8.  Cut Top note (contrasting color) .
 9.  Punch slit at center of long side of top note.

10.  Adhere lightly, top note to 4 x 4 3/4 cardstock.
11.  Score and fold both at 2 and 2 3/4".
12.  Run ribbon through slits and adhere with two-sided tape.
13.  Attach top to one center of 12x12 and close.
14.  Add velcro for closure and close.
15.  Add embellishment to op center of purse front.
16.  As an option, you can decorate the inside to make a neat fold out mini-album.
Voila!
Thanks for stopping by on this fun hop. Your next stop is scrappinformorefun.

Incase you get lost...here  is a complete list of the blogs for this hop:

IT’s A WRAP BLOG HOP LINE UP

 Tx Scrapper Mom
Stephanie from onceuponapaper http://onceuponapaper.blogspot.com/
Brenda from Random Thoughts of a Scrapbooker http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
Maria from Stamp Cut Create http://stampcutcreate.blogspot.com/
Renee from I Came, I Saw, I Created.  <--- ME
Anabel aka cricutaddicted from http://scrappingformorefun.blogspot.com/
Michele from Green Girl Scraps http://www.michelegreen.com/
Robin, The Scrappin' Delta Diva http://scrappindeltadiva.blogspot.com/
Gamma's Creative Corner http://gammascreativecorner.blogspot.com/
Paper Crafting Chic: http://www.papercraftingchic.com/

Thank you again for visiting!  Please come back and visit!


31 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I love these little purses. WHat a great job. I love the colors too. Nice job decorating the inside too. Makes it looked very polished/finished.

    Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! It's great you have the step by step directions with pictures. I haven't made one of these yet, but may have to try now.

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this tutorial. I LOVE that purse. I'd like to try making one of these :)
    TFS!
    Jill
    http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the step by step I think my Mothr would love love love this. I will have to try. Just so fun and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! I just might lift this idea it is soooo cute!!!

    Glad to be in this hop with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this project. It is so cute! My daughter would have a blast making one of these with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!!!! I might have to stash this one away for Mother's Day gifts my students can make next year!!!! Thank you for all of the wonderful How To picts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is darling. I'm gonna have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing it.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the step- by- step Instructions and I am going to try and do this awesome purse!! Great Color combo!! Very cute!! I have been a follower of your blog!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. all I can say is that is amazing.
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! I love this Renee! Soooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute Renee! I'll have to try my hand at this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You are Rockin'! I have been a follower for awhile now, and love your creativity! This is a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Neat project. I've never seen a purse like that before. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for all the great directions. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will be back for the directions!! THANKS! what a cute purse. new follower and love you have e-mail!
    parkernana5@cox.net
    http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is wonderful. Thanks for the great directions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable purse...thanks for the instructions!!
    Tracy
    jtg0398(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable Purse!!!!!! Thanks for posting the instructions i will deefinitly give this a try.
    http://lindascraftcorner.blogspot.com
    iko dot linda at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is different and I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing and the step by step instructions!

    Suzelle
    www.craftsandmorebysuzelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. great projects,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Renee! Sweet little book! Your directions are so awesome too. I can't wait to try one of my own.

    Jodie R on Circle MB

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Thanks for sharing the directions too! So cute!

    michelegreen120 at gmail dot com
    www.michelegreen.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. TFS!!! I can't wait to try to make one of these! It is a great project!

    I am a new follower!

    Jenn
    http://scrap-a-tude.blogspot.com
    jenniferreavis@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! I love this, and thanks for the step by step I just might have to scraplift this for my sister's baby shower! Thanks again!
    Lisa
    www.lisascreativeniche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it thank you for sharing the directions.

    mreyes2710 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've seen these before, but wow...your is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing it with us! I'm a new follower!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. cute cute cute - thanks for the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  28. SO GORGEOUS! I love it. Thanks for the tutorial and I'm following so I can see more! Such a cute purse bag. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE this!!! very pretty! I'll have to try to make one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stopped by from MPS. Congrats on the DT. Love your little Purse. I had to tell you how much I love this Purse/project. I love explosion cards and had not seen this one. I had to stop and make one. Thanks so much for the instructions. I will become a follower.
    Thanks
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!