Monday, July 11, 2011

Stampin Up Card Series

I am visiting my mom who happens to be a Stampin Up demonstrator.  Luckily for me, she held a stamp club meeting upon my arrival and I got to participate!  Here are the cards we made:


 This card has many steps to create the final technique:
  1. Stamp your images ~ "Elements of Style" set used along with new ink  in colors Lucky Limeade & Calypso Coral.
  2. Distress your card front (we used Lucky Limeade and Early Espresso sponged on).
  3. Bray the entire card front with a few drops of All Purpose Ink in Champagne Mist (the sparkle all over the card).
  4. Distress/rough up the edges with a distressing tool then ink in Early Espresso.
  5. Crumble the entire card front up into a ball.  The tighter you crumple, the more creases you will get.
  6. Unfold and ink the creases in Early Espresso.
  7. Add the ribbon  and bow (double layered in Victoria 5/8 and Chocolate Chip Taffeta).
  8. Adhere card front to the cardstock (Early Espresso).
  9. Using DSP (designer series paper) and your Big Shot or Cuttlebug, cut and emboss the butterflies using the "Beautiful Wings" embosslit die.  Ink the edges of the butterflies in Early Espresso and add to the card front.
  10. Add Basic Pearls in various sizes to the butterflies.
And there you have it... a fantastic antique looking card.  I love it!



This is a gift card holder/card we made.  Colors used were Certainly Celery and Pear Pizzaz.  I like the monotone look of this card.  This is also the first time I have seen the gift card holder added as a layer to the card front.  If you look in the third picture, you can see that it still opens up as a standard A2 card.


Please join me daily this week to view a newly created Stampin Up card!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love your cards. How fun that your mom is a SU demonstrator! Beautiful projects, as always!
    Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought these cards looked familiar!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!