|Chalkboard fabric...how cool is that?|
- Cricut cartridge Chalkboard Fonts
- 1/2 yd chalkboard vinyl
- 1/2 yd contrasting fabric (a fat quarter will do)
- One package of 7/8" coordinating seam binding (double fold)
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cut one 21"x17" rectangle from chalkboard fabric for apron front.
- Cut one 21"x17" rectangle from contrasting fabric for apron back.
- Cut four 22" pieces from the 7/8"seam binding.
- Cut one 6"x17" rectangle from contrasting fabric for pocket.
- Place chalkboard fabric and lining right sides together. From the top of the apron, measure and mark 5" in from the sides and 8" down from the top on each side and cut diagonally from the 5" mark to the 8" mark.
- To make the pocket, fold in half lengthwise, wrong sides together, and iron. From the center, measure and mark a line every1 1/2" to edges. Pin edges on chalkboard to form the pocket and sew lines for the individual chalk pockets.
- Sew one end and the open sides of your seam binding together with an edge seam. Pin the open end of ties to chalkboard fabric at top & sides of apron. Ensure that your apron ties are pinned with the extra lengths placed in the apron and not out. That way they are sewn correctly for when you flip the fabric inside out.
- Place the chalkboard fabric and contrasting fabric, right sides together. Using a 1/2" seam, sew edges of apron, leaving an opening. Ensure it is large enough to flip the chalkboard fabric out. It is a bit stiff and needs a hole big enough to flip. I would recommend 8".
- Trim the corners and turn apron right side out and press. Edge stitch around entire apron.
- Using the Cricut cartridge Chalkboard Fonts, create lettering and design in white matte vinyl to personalize the apron.
- Prime the fabric chalkboard writing surface by using the side of a piece of chalk to cover the surface up and down and then side to side. Wipe the surface down with a damp washcloth and your apron is ready to be loved.