Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Chalkboard "XXX" Days till Christmas Ornament/Display

Is it supposed to be Christmas in July?  Well, how about Christmas in June?  Here is a chalkboard ornament that you can change the number daily on until it's CHRISTMAS!


I was first going to use traditional paint, but used spray paint instead.
I started off with a cardboard rectangular ornament.  I then spray painted it with two coats, allowing 2 hours of drying time between coats.  I then used the new Cricut cartridge Chalkboard Fonts to create the lettering and design.  I transferred the design to the painted ornament using transfer paper to ensure perfect placement.  To give it a little something special, I added a white satin bow to trim the top of the ornament.  Can you believe we only have 205 days until Christmas!!!
I am including my CCR file for easy recreation.  The great thing about the Cricut Craft Room is that you can easily resize this display to be bigger or even smaller if you wish.   Until next time, Merry Christmas in June! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!