Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #31: Gift Card

Weekly Challenge #31: Gift Card Challenge!
The Challenge: With Teacher Appreciation, Graduation, Baby Showers, Weddings, and other special events that are sure to be gracing your calendar over the next few months, we thought it might be fun to have a challenge to see your creative Gift Card and Money Holder ideas. Using your Cricut create a gift card or money holder.









I created a tri-fold card by welding a liner from the Wild Card cartridge and adjusting the sides with the Gypsy. I then flood filled and cut the liner in smaller sizes for the cards lining with the coins from the Imagine cart - Snapshot: Everyday. Lastly, I cut the "Ooooh!" phrase, soldiers and Hamm from the Toy Story cart. Originally, I planned on putting the three aliens cut underneath the "Ooooh!" to match the phrase, but the parts were too tiny to put together and remain sane, so I put the soldiers instead. I then cut an extra shadow of Hamm and glued it to the back of him and cut out the money slot with an exacto knife to make room and a pocket for the money.


By the way, it is so much easier to put in one white sheet of paper and just flood fill the parts of the Disney characters with the Imagine. Just another reason to buy it!

3 comments:

  1. I saw this on the circle blog. This is so cute. Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered what people do with this snapshot cartridges. Great project - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!