Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cricut Circle Magazine Monthly Challenge: My Sweet Valentine

MY SWEET VALENTINE CONTEST!
We want you to create a fun Valentine’s Day Project. It can be anything from classroom treats to a gift for your sprecial someone!

Please use at least four Cricut cuts and include something edible in the design (even if it’s just candy inside).




I created a mini valentine topiary for my favorite sweethearts! I started off with a 2 7/8 by 5 7/8 in styrophone cone. Using flowers from Straight from the Nest cart, I cut several sizes in 3 different colors. I then created 3 layers, wet them, crinkled them up, and let them dry. I connected the layers together with a brad (can't see from photos because they are covered byM&M's) and hot glued them to the cone starting with the larger flowers on the bottom. I adhered one Hershey's Kiss to the top and glued an M&M to the middle of each flower, alternating the colors. The base of the topiary is a cupcake holder covered with a cupcake holder/cover cut from Elmo's Party. I then covered the cupcake holder/cover with 3 heart doilies and pink glitter ribbon. The base of the topiary holds all the edible pieces - M&M's and Hershey Kisses. The final cuts included the phrase SMACK and the lips, both cut from Indie Art. I used stickles to add glitter to the phrase and Crystal Effects to the lips for dimension.

Not only do my sweethearts get a yummy treat, but a valentine decoration to remind them how much I love them.

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!