Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge: Banners!

FEBRUARY MONTHLY CHALLENGE: BANNERS!
Banners are everywhere! We love their versatility and the way they can be customized for any occasion. For this challenge, we want you to create a banner with any theme you would like. You may use THIS POST as inspiration, or feel free to create something completely new. Project must be newly created for this challenge.




For this challenge I decided to create a welcome banner for our baby girl due at the end of March. I wanted it to be girly, shabby chic, and not too babyish so I could use it in her room once we get home from the hospital.

I used two carts for my cuts. I cut the banner pieces and one of it's layers at 5.4" from Sugar and Spice and the monograms from Simply Sweet at 2". The heart is a pre-cut paper doily and the pinwheels were made from 1.5" x 12" strips with the .25" cut off when edged with wave scissors. All the cuts were edged with craft ink in Ruby Red from SU. The cardstock is from SU (Ruby Red & Old Olive), PC (pink textured), and DCWV (patterned papers). The ribbon used is in Old Olive (SU), Pink Pirouette (SU) and white (AC). I also added large eyelets to the banner ribbon on each end to prevent damage and make it easier when hanging. I then tied accent ribbon to the these eyelets and each individual banner piece.

I can't wait for my little one to arrive!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful...good luck with your new baby...what a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Banner for the challenge. I like the shape you chose for the banner. It's perfect for a little girl. Good luck to you! With the new baby coming, you'll need those Imagine carts for all the scrapbooking you'll have to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!