Monday, October 10, 2011

"Pretty" Scary Halloween Tag

Our next Cricut Circle Blogiversary Challenge is:

The Challenge: Create a project of your choice using your Cuttlebug machine as the main focus. Your project must include at least 2 different Cricut Image Cuts.




I haven't made a tag lately, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to prepare for my spooky gift giving.  Carts I used include October 31st, Flower Shoppe and the Shape Library from the Imagine. I fulfilled the challenge by utilizing the web cuttlebug embossing folder.  Other materials used included SU & Core'dinations cardstock, Martha Stewart chunky glitter, SU elegant eggplant craft ink, Ranger forest moss distress ink, Adirondack metallic paint dabber in silver, Teresa Collins gem and hand dyed seam ribbon that I made last week.

I wanted to give the tag a spooky feminine look so I added the flowers to create the spiders body in addition to the chunky glitter.  I also raised up it's legs to complete the 3D effect.  I then finished the look with the hand dyed seam ribbon and gem.  "Pretty" scary...isn't it?  ;)

I also entered it into the following challenges:
RRR: Halloween
Crafty Ribbons Challenge  #3

9 comments:

  1. Wow this is fabulous! Love how you used the flowers for the spider. Turning something scary into something beautiful.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com
    Come on over and enter my new giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG girl! This is definitely a favorite tag! Love the flowers u used for the body of the spider and the chunky glitter - u r awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous.Love how you made your spider.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing idea! It's fabulous; just like all of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah - you made a beautiful tag with a really scary spider! I like it!

    Thanks for participating with your "non-card-project" in our 3rd challenge at Crafty Ribbons!

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this--that purple glitter is the perfect touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent title for this card! I am skeered of spiders! Great job!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is fabulous. Love that spider! Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ribbons in our Halloween challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
    hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightfully scary Halloween tag! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!