Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Pink Stamper Design Team Day!

Hurray!   Today is October's My Pink Stamper Design Team Day - Christmas cards!  This month we were challenged to create a Christmas card with either Winter Treats & Sayings or Biggie Christmas.  I chose Winter Treats & Sayings to create a hand deliverable Christmas card/treat.  I know what you are thinking...I can't just keep it simple, can I?  =)




In my defense, I would like to state that making this card/treat holder is quite simple due to the Imagine. 
Materials used:
  • Imagine Snow Angel cartridge
  • Cricut Sweet Tooth Boxes
  • My Pink Stamper Winter Treats & Sayings
  • Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip ink
  • Ranger distress ink in Forest Moss
  • Hand dyed ribbon
  • Pop up dots
First, I chose a box from Sweet Tooth Boxes (page 61 cut @ 8.0"), a lid (page 62 & 63 cut @ 8.0" relative) and the tag (page 60 cut @ 8.0" relative). There are actually 3 lids to choose from for this particular box.  I chose c, the open scalloped lid.  Next I chose three coordinating patterns from Snow Angel to flood fill the box pieces with (pages 34 & 40).  Once the pieces were printed and cut, I simply assembled them and edged them in the Forest Moss distress ink.   I added a square piece of  acrylic to window on the inside of the box.  Next, I added coordinating paper shred and my treat, covered it with the lid and tied it with hand dyed ribbon in two coordinating colors to hold the tag and keep the box closed.  I stamped my sentiment "May Your Holidays be Sweetened with Love" in Stampin' Up's Chocolate Chip ink.  Lastly, I cut the deer/bird image layers from Snow Angel (page 15) cut @ 2.0", inked them in the Forest Moss, and pop dotted them to the box.
That's it! A "sweet" way to hand deliver your winter wishes to those close by.

6 comments:

  1. I love your un-simplicity....you are never less than amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box. Love the design and it does not look like a simple design yet I know that cart is awesome so I will beleive you. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS gift box! LOVE the colors! :o)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute box, those papers are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really turned out so super cute and those cookies look super delicious!! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the box . Snow angel was perfect for this with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!