Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recycle and Reuse: Christmas cards and tags.

After each Christmas season, I make a list of cards we received and incorporate the handmade cards into a scrapbook layout of the pictures we received as well.  This year, I decided to get a jump start on next year's Christmas cards by recycling and reusing some of the handmade cards and tags I received and used.


This is one of the cards I received.  It's from an Anna Griffin set.  The front has a faux ribbon running from top to bottom and a real ribbon bow.  The background is also layered.


I didn't want to just toss the card because it's made from quality cardstock.  Instead, I recycled it!  I recreated the same look by dismantling the ribbon bow and running it across the faux ribbon on the card.  I had enough left to add the ribbon tab to the sentiment.  I also pop dotted the sentiment onto the background paper, inked the background paper and added a red cardstock layer.


I was actually able to create two cards from the one!  I double layered the background paper onto olive and red cardstock.  I added ribbon to the bottom and the poinsettia flowers I had from my stash.  Lastly, I pop dotted the sentiment onto the ribbon once I removed it from the inside of the card.

Voila, I gave new life to a card that would otherwise be tossed AND I have a jump start on next year's Christmas cards!

This is also a great way to recycle and reuse the beautiful handmade Christmas tags you made and used this past year:



6 comments:

  1. Great idea. I never know what to do with all the cards we receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great suggestions on reusing some wonderful resources !! I am saving this one for late use :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great idea, too! I am going to try that because I have to be as creative as possible. I'm trying to use my stash till March :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! And, your cards turned out very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Beautiful cards!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea! I am all into repurpose/reuse/recycle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!