Wednesday, January 11, 2012

To Embellish, or Not to Embellish, That is the Question:

To embellish, or not to embellish, that is the question:

Do you often find yourself out of time and just need to get a card done as quickly as possible?  Or maybe you lost your creative mojo and are stuck on what to do with your card or scrapbook page next.  Maybe you  just keep adding and adding to your project in hopes that a miracle will occur and it will eventually look better.  Some prefer the K.I.S.S. method of creating and others treat each project as a work of art and spend endless hours on each.   I don't know about you, but I have found myself in each of these situations and quite honestly, they all WORK!  It's just a matter of preference.  If I had to pick one method, I guess I lie somewhere in the middle...  ;)

Basic cut using a stamp instead of the provided sentiment.  Those little letters can be such a buggar!
Stamp Set used:  My Pink Stamper  Even More Punny-licious

Basic cut using the first layer of the phrase provided.

Using all the layers provided for a cut.  No extra embellishments except pop dotting the ear.

My typical method: using all the layers and embellishing.  I often ink the edges and add some type of ribbon.  I probably could have stepped it up even more by adding a few basic color cardstock layers before adding the final designer paper layer and a different layer of pattern paper under the sentiment.  Like I said, I usually lie somewhere in the middle.  ;)


What's your paper crafting style?  I would love for you to share a link!

10 comments:

  1. What a fun post! So many ways to create the same card! I like them all! I must say, I do use stamps instead of trying to cut out the phrases/sentiments. About bling, mostly I don't use it. I make lots of cards for an organization that doesn't have fund to pay extra postage, so no bumps!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your progressive card! I believe I am a "less is more" girl, but like "CAS", it is a relative term. I think my style is CAS, but some may disagree and think CAS is mostly white space and one-dimensional. I like my patterned paper backgrounds and layers.

    I am a big fan of elephants (and Renee cards), so I may be a wee bit biased when I say I adore this card at every stage that you posted the progression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the cards that you did! I have been trying to do different versions of Cricut cuts and this is great! I LOVE how you used a print for the elephant's ear! I have to do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! Super cute cards you have your blog! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your cards are beautiful. I love to keep it simple, however I have a softspot for glitter and shiney things! Love Bling. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are funny! I actually lost my mojo for a while there because I recently bought me a new toy and I am trying to learn it. I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like all of your cards Renee, the patterns look great! Oh, and on my card--I didn't hand stitch, I used my sewing machine with a zig zag stitch. I loosened the tension up a bit, so I think that's why it has a bit of a hand stitched look!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute Renee!! I love elephants. :) I think I am probably somewhere in the middle as well. I may lean a little more towards adding more, but I do enjoy a CAS card sometimes too!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!