I know that many of you are looking for quick, easy and inexpensive ways to decorate for the holidays or simply to add some cheer to a small space. How about creating some paper "gilded" lanterns?
- Cricut cartridge Folk Art Festival
- Gold paper
- Variety of colored vellum
- Tea lights
- Using the files provided, cut each lantern from gold paper. I used gold placemats from Target that I found in the holiday decor dept. I liked the lightness and "gilded" look of the paper.
- When cutting the homes, remove just the house base from the mat at first. Then use transfer paper to capture and move the house "insides" (this is optional, but easier then moving each piece one by one) and set aside. Pull the 12x12 piece of paper from the mat.
- Using different colored vellum for each lantern, adhere it to the back of each gold sheet. Take your transfer tape and adhere the house "insides" on to the the vellum of each coordinating house. At this point, I took an extra step and cut two of the lanterns down a bit in size (height) to create more of a trio look upon completion (optional).
- Using a tape runner or strip tape, bring the two ends together and adhere one end on top of the other.
- Now just add tea lights to the inside of each lantern to light up your "gilded" lanterns.