Saturday, May 11, 2013

Circleville NSD Challenges - It's All About Perspective and Tropical Sunset Challenge

Here are a couple more challenges I have completed for the NSD Circleville Weekend.


This card was made for Nadia's "It's All About Perspective" challenge.  Now, I must say, Nadia is one talented lady and can do amazing things with a piece of paper.

What I did to add perspective was to cut an additional copy of the card and the flags.  I cut the coaster in a darker solid color to create more of a 3-D effect and added it offset to the inside of the card.  It also allowed for a place to write the sentiment since I used patterned paper for the background.  On the front of the card, I cut the flags in two different shades of pink.  I put the darker pink in the back and then just cut the front flag off the second set in lighter pink and added it to the top.  I tried to bend the flag a little to look like the wind was blowing it. 

Under the same key on the Cricut Summer Celebrations cartridge is an option to make a tag.  I am using the tag to submit to the Tropical Sunset Challenge by Terriski.  We were challenged to use the colors: The color challenge is Yellow (Maize[/color]), Pink (Fuchsia), Blue (Sky), Green (Apple), Purple, and Hibiscus (salmon).   Lucky me, I found a sheet of patterned paper that matched!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Fun and energetic! Great effect with the double cuts and wind-blown flags! Thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!