Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Pink Designer Day - February 2012

I think Robyn, My Pink Stamper, and Maria are having fun coming up with creative post assignments for us!  Our post challenge this month:

Theme: How many can you use???!!!!

Use as many My Pink Stamper stamps from any set(s) on ONE project. It can be a card, scrapbook page or mini book.
 
I broke out my Imagine and created an heirloom mini recipe book for my project.

I created one page for personalization and another for dedication. 

Each page has a lined square for the recipe name, ingredients, and serving information.

The lined squares could also be used for journaling to share any loving memories and thoughts about the recipe or it's creator.

I also stamped each recipe page with a From the kitchen of: sentiment so that the recipient would know who created the recipe.

All the page bases are printed on vanilla cardstock so that the backside would match and not be white.



I know it's hard to tell from this photo angle, but the images on each page are multi-layered with atleast two layers.

Most of the images are cut at 3".

The speech bubbles are cut at 1", 1.5", and 2".





I thought adding a place for atleast one photo would help personalize the mini.  I also added some additional journaling tags.

This is how the recipe mini stands up...on it's own!  =)


This is how it would flip when following a recipe.
Materials Used:
  • Cricut Imagine cart Kate's Kitchen
  • My Pink Stamper Yummy-licious stamp set
  • Chipboard
  • 1" book rings
  • Celebrate It ribbon
  • Vanilla and white cardstock
  • Stampin' Up! linen thread
  • Stampin' Up! Kiwi Kiss corderoy button
  • Stampin' Up! Early Espresso classic ink
  • Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon
  • Stampin' Up! tag punches
  • Stampin' Up" library clips
  • Yellow striped bakers twine
  • Mini staples
  • Ranger distress ink in Peeled Paint
  • BazzilBasicPaper self-adhesive jewels in Artesian Pool
  • Pop dots
Although there are a lot of images to this project, it really isn't difficult if you have an Imagine.  The recipe mini itself is one of the BONUS items on the cartridge.  I simply cut it once without printing on chipboard (fit to page) and then print and cut it (fit to page x2) to cover both sides of the chipboard.   The inside sheets are another BONUS item.  I print and cut these (@ 8.5") x12.  Most of the images are cut at 3" inches using the layers feature so that each page would have dimension.  The speech bubbles are cut at 1", 1.5" and 2.0".  I inked most off the edges in Peeled Paint and added jewels throughout the mini. 

I love how perfectly the Yummy-licious stamp set coordinates with this cartridge.  Was that the plan Robyn?  ;) 

17 comments:

  1. What a cute project.
    I like the colors you used for your recipe book.
    On the page: From the Kitchen of, is that printed from the Cricut Imagine? I really like that!
    great job!
    bex;0)
    http://kawaiikrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "From the Kitchen of:"

      is a stamp from My Pink Stamper's Yummy-licious set. If intereested, you can click on the stamp set name in my Materials Used section for ordering information. Thanks for the love!

      Delete
    2. The page itself IS printed and cut from the Imagine and is sized perfectly to fit in the mini recipe book. You can find the inside pages in the BONUS section of the cartridge.

      Delete
  2. This is a great project, I have wanted to create a recipe book for a while!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally wonderful. Hope you don't mind but I think this is gonna be scraplifted so I can do two for my sisters and one for my daughter! I just LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!! I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO DO THIS FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS....I THINK I NEED START IT SOON... THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION.

    tfs
    GLORIA C
    WWW.CRAFTNTHINGS.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this recipe book . This is what I am debating on making for christmas gifts this year now you really got me thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice!! Love the project. That ribbon is gorgeous also!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful project. It is obvious that you spent a lot of time and love in making this AWESOME project. Love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your projects but I think this will be an all time favorite. I love your recipe book. All the colors, stamps, cuts, and layout are amazing. And then to get to the end and see that you put a stand on it. Simply Amazing! I got the Imagine for Christmas and I know what Cart I want now.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cartridge is great. That recipe book was so super simple I love how you used all those stamps. To embellish the book.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just incredible Renee! I haven't used this cart yet but you have definitely inspired me....I love what you did with the sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant and a perfect project, Renee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome project! I love how creative you were using all of the different sentiments! I love your recipe book and the die cuts are fabulous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely darling!!! Love your attention to detail on each of the pages! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog...it means a lot to me! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness.... your project is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an amazing project to be in the Cricut chirp. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!