Thursday, February 9, 2012

Victorian Romance Treat Holder

Oh boy!  This one is a little tricky without the assembly instructions.  This is what I came up with.  Hopefully, I did the folds right.  It's hard to see the box on the tiny picture on the back of the cartridge and I couldn't find any place online that had instructions or that showed one assembled.



Materials Used:
  • Cricut cartridge Victorian Romance
  • My Pink Stamper Boy Crazy stamp set
  • Echo Park Yours Truly Collection Kit
  • Imaginisce gimee glam
  • Stampin' Up! Black classic ink
  • Stampin' Up! tag punches
  • Stampin' Up! silver cord
I wanted the box to look masculine since I am giving it to my hubby.  I kept the embellishments to a minimum for this reason.  Here is how I folded the treat box:


Here it folded without any embellishments.  The ends are a little loose if you keep it this way, but of course, that is an option.


Here is a close up of how I folded the ends.  I folded a vally with the first set of folds (closest to the treat box) then created a mountain with the second set.  I tried it other ways (mountain first, then valley and also valley and then another valley), but this way looked best.


Here is another view of what it looks like without additional embellishing or adhesive.


This is how the open end looks without any additional adhesive (where you adhere the main body together --  there is a tab for the main body portion of the treat box).


I went ahead and glued these two loose ends together so that the ends would hold their shape better.  The top portion of the treat box in this picture is how it looked from the inside once I glued these ends together.


And this is what it looked like after I glued the two open ends on each side and without any additional embellishing. 


A little confusing, I know.  I hope this mini tutorial helps you with this treat holder.

5 comments:

  1. What a cute treat box Renee.....it's going to be your fault if I end up buying this cart!!! ;) Oh, and congrats on getting project of the day!!! That card was well deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to all your creations! You are so creative! This little treat box is no exception! Wonderful little box!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute treat box, I could see where it would be kind of confussing. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have this cart.... just got it two weeks ago, now I know how to put this together! Thanks for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, man! You are making me want this cart! Gotta put this on this wishlist now. This is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!