Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cricut Circle May 2011 Magazine Challenge

MAKE IT YOUR WAY CONTEST!
Use this month’s magazine as a stepping off point for you to create something your way. Use one of our Designers projects to help you create something similar and yet has your own style. You might see a flower, paper, design element or maybe just the concept to help you design something of your own. CONTEST RULES: Use at least 3 Cricut Cuts and an idea from the magazine in your project. Contest will open on May20th. Please upload a picture of your project to the blog under the Magazine Challenge tab. Please, one entry per person. Entry deadline is Friday, June 10th, 2011. Please make sure you have a working link to view your project and if possible list what you used for inspiration. Don’t forget… the winner of each contest will receive an E2 Machine!! Good Luck!! ********************************************************************************

                    

I decided that the ballon to the far left needed to be color and not a shadow, so I updated the layout:




I was inspired by the "Neighborhood Layout" on page 10 of the May Circle Magazine.  There were several things about this layout that inspired me:
  1. The use of our newest Circle Exclusive cart ~ Pop Up Neighborhood
  2. All the little houses used on the layout
  3. The fun colors used ~ blue, green, red, yellow
I was also inspired by Jana Eubank's June 3rd Circle Blog Post and used her layout as a template.  What can I say, I love what these talented ladies create!

This layout  uses the Pop Up Neighborhood for the cuts with the exception of the phrase which comes from 3 Birds on Parade and the sky background which is  printed from the Hopscotch Imagine cart. I pop dotted the balloons, clouds and a tree for added dimension along with adding pen borders and font highlights.  Although I cut the houses and trees in their entirety, I cut them along the border so you would only see the rooftops.  I thought this would help put the focus on the sky and hot air balloons.

I hope you enjoy this two page LO.  I have attended many balloon fiestas and thought this would make a perfect LO to display my pictures in.  I am also including the Gypsy file if you would like to create this layout for yourself  I only ask that you leave a comment if your are downloading. Thanks!



6 comments:

  1. Nice layout. Especially fond of Hot Air Balloons. Annual Hot Air Balloon Festival is held here in Central TX in Sept.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout, I am really liking the Pop Up Neighborhood also.
    http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing, great LO.
    will try this one soon.

    etfamily at wynndel dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just wondering what I was going to work on today... Now, I know! I am totally scraplifting this! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am downloading the file! Because I love it. I'm gonna make it today! I will post a pic of my version on your thread so you can see me copy you... :) I always like to see what other people come up with from my ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO! I love all the details you put into!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!